Go Back   4x4 Response UK

View Single Post
Old 16-01-2010
Former
Forum Handle: Simon Bentley

Amateur Radio Callsign: 2E0HYR

[quote name='Alasdair Kirk' date='16 January 2010 - 11:41 AM' timestamp='1263642067' post='10370']

[quote name='Simon Bentley' date='16 January 2010 - 11:07 AM' timestamp='1263640028' post='10362']

The other argument I hear is it should be being paid for by the government - and yes it should - but who wants to pay extra taxes to fund services that are stood around doing nothing for much of the year.

[/quote]

I don't mind it being paid for by Government - they seem to have lots of our money

however this is a dangerous one - because experience shows that they want to then control it...

now, I am sure that we get lots of things wrong, but I do feel that had we left this to Government the response over the last few weeks would not have been so good...

ah yes - we are here because Government has already failed to provide...

don't get me started on Police Forces with 4x4s they are not allowed to drive in 4x4 mode as they are not trained - have even been told that the trainers tell the police that they can't drive their landrovers in 4x4 mode because they are not trained - presumably these are some of the only 2 wheel drive landrovers around

but back to topic - happy that we get funding, but we shouldn't give up the control we already have...

Alasdair

[/quote]

I was meaning more that 4x4 Response shouldn't be necessary as suitable facilities ad arrangements should be in place, paid fro by the public purse - but as I say who wants to pay extra taxes to cover these things - and I'll bet the detractors would be the last to pay.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Sponsors

» Donate to 4x4 Response
» Online Users: 403
0 members and 403 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,862, 18-03-2024 at 11:22 PM.