Go Back   4x4 Response UK

View Single Post
Old 22-01-2010
Website User
Forum Handle: phil_shinyheed

when i was in the army i was proud of my cap badge, other regiments had their own but my regiments badge had history and tradition that made it special, i assume other regiments felt the same about theirs

this identity was part of what made everyone work as team, traditions and history, where the regiment came from gave new members into it a sense of pride and belonging

i'm proud to be a member of 4x4 response north east, proud of what we have achieved in the past, proud of the work we have done over a number of years to help charities, doctors, and the emergency services, proud of what we have become

we did this, not national 4x4 response, but us in the north east, other teams have done the same in other areas and will be proud of what they have done too

its good that as a national group we can exchange ideas and assist other groups, but its regional teams that do the work, attend the calls, put the hours and the miles in,

new members see what we have done and want to be a part of this, they see how it helps the local community, we need to keep group identities, we need people to want to help and be apart of their local team,

one identity, one logo, one brand will destroy the history of every individual regional team

i fail to see how this can ever benefit anyone,

i believe its up to every team to choose its own logo, and entirely up to them what they choose it to be , if they choose a national looking one thats their choice, if they already have one then they may feel the same as i do

if 4x4 response north east loses its logo, loses its identity, if it forgets the past, if it forgets the hard work that was and still is being done to move the club forward then i for one will disappear from the club at the same time as the logo does

fortunately i feel confident we will never be pressured into making such a mistake, and i'm sure i'm not the only member of any team to feel like this

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Sponsors

» Donate to 4x4 Response
» Online Users: 549
0 members and 549 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 2,862, 18-03-2024 at 11:22 PM.