Old 25-11-2009
Tribal Elder
Forum Handle: BobWessex
4x4 Response UK

National Callsign: WE001
Amateur Radio Callsign: 2E0WRA
Default Re: shropshire/ staffordshire

[quote name="simon holland"]
[quote name="BobWessex"]Hi Simon, always glad to be of help, and as I say if you know a pub in/near Newport I'm sure that I can justify a visit to family one weekend soon.[/quote]

yea i know one just outside newport about 5 mins from the centre and its got a big car park still havent spoke to the other 2 yet, maybe we can get anyone intrested to go aswell -- sounds good to me

so weve got to get liability insurance, how much cover would the group need --- We have a national policy which you can sign up to, currently £2.10 per member, if the team joins the national network (£25/year) - so that's easily sorted- and is there any other insurance we need --- Individual members will need to ensure that they are covered for voluntary work on their vehicle policies

who was it you said i had to contact within the local council once weve got it all started -- Try the Emergency Planning Office sometimes called the Civil Contingencies Unit -- i was thinking about going to the local newspapers for advertising and i think ill be able to sort some sort of discount with roean landrover services for members when i pop in next -- Always worth a try, much will depend on who you speak to

how did the other groups get funding or was it just from membership and how much do most groups charge -- We (wessex) charge £10 per year (£20 in the first year) Most teams charge some thing but it does vary widely. One of the reasons that we charge an annual membership is to ensure that our membership lists are reasonably up to date. - you might get some local sponsorship but it does tend to be catch 22 unless you have a member with his own business. We have almost finalised a national sponsorship deal which will enable teams who are members of National Network to provide a jacket per member.

thanks si[/quote]

Any comments entered above; unless stated otherwise; are purely personal.

Life Member and officially resident in kenya since 2016

http://bluebungalowmua.simplesite.com

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Sponsors

» Donate to 4x4 Response
» Online Users: 543
1 members and 542 guests
Dave Milne
Most users ever online was 2,862, 18-03-2024 at 11:22 PM.