Go Back   4x4 Response UK > National Forums > Come on in > New Teams

Old 06-01-2010
Responder
Forum Handle: Rik-Leicestershire
Leicestershire 4x4 Response

National Callsign: LE03
Default Re: Leicestershire Response

Roger,

I do now remember seeing something in the Lutterworth Library noticeboard, but it was about 2 years ago before I had my Disco, so I didn't take much notice.

It could be awkward though if they prefer to use their own list rather than get into service agreements etc.

Could be worth pointing out all the benefits as Alasdair has said, national body, training, additional resources, insurance

Perhap we could recruit a few if we knew who they were ??

Rik
Old 06-01-2010
Website User
Forum Handle: Jamie Owens

Hi Roger

I must agree with Alisdair, there is also the issue of insurance, who co-ordinates these so called volunteers? who calls them out? who checks their Road Tax, MOT & Insurance? What back up do they have, if you would like some letters of thanks to show what we are capable of then I will willingly scan them in for you to show your County Council.
Old 07-01-2010
Group Membership Admin
Forum Handle: Simon-Loughborough

National Callsign: LE01

Hi all and thank you for the response on the thread re documents yes please email me matie as Roger will be off to the north sea soon I think. I have had an email from the local landy club today and he has mentioned he is part of the so called team and there has not been much action. insurance might one of the reasons so please forward doc's and I will take this one up.

Rik any joy with a pub yet mate I bumped into Jonny at the mud club tues night and he said about the pub on the A47 near desford cross roads . Can't remember the name of it chat with Jonny.
Old 07-01-2010
Responder
Forum Handle: Rik-Leicestershire

National Callsign: LE03

Simon,

The one Jonny is thinking of is the Bulls Head, Hinckley Road, LE9 9JE, its a nice Everards pub. I shall wander up there to check it out over the weekend. If all is well I will post up the full details with links etc.

I asume we are still aiming for the 29th ??

Rik
Old 07-01-2010
Tribal elder
Forum Handle: nigel leyland
Yorkshire 4x4 Response

National Callsign: YR314
Amateur Radio Callsign: none

I think I would reply back to the Resilience Forum explaining that you are opperating under National Response best practices and ALL your members are called out in accordance with prescribed protocols, should they need any assistance please call the the team controller on XXXXXXXXX. We currently have X units available locally and a further XXXX available from other regional groups of the National 4x4 Response Network, all of which are trained and assessed before deployment, and covered by liability insurance.

Then they can do what they like..... :lol:

And then you can carry one building your team and contacting local authorities etc.

Nigel.
Old 07-01-2010
Group Membership Admin

yep 29th 7.30 for a 8pm start good for me

[quote name="Rik-Leicestershire"]Simon,

The one Jonny is thinking of is the Bulls Head, Hinckley Road, LE9 9JE, its a nice Everards pub. I shall wander up there to check it out over the weekend. If all is well I will post up the full details with links etc.

I asume we are still aiming for the 29th ??

Rik[/quote]
Old 07-01-2010
Group Membership Admin

agrred I will try to make contact tomorrow thanks for all the advice on this one as well

[quote name="nigel leyland"]I think I would reply back to the Resilience Forum explaining that you are opperating under National Response best practices and ALL your members are called out in accordance with prescribed protocols, should they need any assistance please call the the team controller on XXXXXXXXX. We currently have X units available locally and a further XXXX available from other regional groups of the National 4x4 Response Network, all of which are trained and assessed before deployment, and covered by liability insurance.

Then they can do what they like..... :lol:

And then you can carry one building your team and contacting local authorities etc.

Nigel.[/quote]
Old 07-01-2010
Group Management
Forum Handle: Roger Bentley

National Callsign: LE02

I'm still here until next Wednesday, weather permitting, could be a long drive to Aberdeen in the Jeep though!!!

Thanks for the responses to my previous post, Simon is now on the case, been a busy boy has Simon, keep it up mate
Old 07-01-2010
Tribal elder
Forum Handle: nigel leyland
Yorkshire 4x4 Response

National Callsign: YR314
Amateur Radio Callsign: none

I'm sure he is extremely busy, but, and I think many will concur here.......regardless of how busy you think you are....your not yet!, but you will be! :lol:

Keep pushing on, you're getting there....

Nigel.
Old 08-01-2010
Responder
Forum Handle: Madmatt130
Not currently a responder

Amateur Radio Callsign: NA

Morning all,

I met Simon last night as he was good enough to come along to Loughborough Land Rover Clubs monthly meet, I am very keen to get involved in the Leicestershire group as are a few others there are 4 or 5 of us hopefully attending the meeting on the 29th.

As a club we have long been registered on Leics CC's LOADER scheme as they call it and up until last year had never been contacted by them. It has allways struck me that this database although updated annually is in actual fact a 20odd year old idea from back when things were far more laid back. Rightly or wrongly I remember reading that volunteers that were registered were covered by the councils PL insaurance but having never actually gone out for them I wouldn't know for definate. Due to my employers I have several off road driving qualifications and winching courses under my belt but they have never asked for a copy of these or even my driving licence or MOT Cert!

I am a firm believer that the Leics 4x4 response group is the way forward LCC might be slow and unwilling to get involved at the moment but at the end of the day that will be their loss and will probably soon change their tune when they see how profesional the group is when it starts working with other agencies.

I'd be intersted to hear how some of the other groups got on when they first started communicating with organisations?