Go Back   4x4 Response UK > National Forums > Come on in > Introductions

Old 06-11-2008
Website User
Forum Handle: John Potts

Default Greetings from God's Own County

Good day to you all, my name is John Potts (but am known all over the net as Harry Flashman :? ). I have recently celebrated my 41st year on God's good earth and rejoice in the star sign of Libra (if that means anything to anyone :lol: )

I'm a member of the Humber and Yorkshire 4x4 Response Committee and also rejoice in the Responder number 001 for my sins (well, some of 'em anyway ) so I guess I've been around pretty much from the start of the group.

For a day job, I work for Batley's Cash and Carry, delivering groceries, etc. all over the North of England I truly hate my job and would retire in an instant should that damned machine pick the right numbers (none of this "It won't change me" crap here) :lol:

I drive a 2001 Mitsubishi Shogun Pinin 2.0 LWB (or as long as they get). It's the first 4x4 I've ever owned (although I've driven lots of Land Rovers - courtesy of the good old MoD ) Some so called 'friends' have christened her "The Barbiemobile" and I seem to be unable to shake this handle :( Having said that, she's not bad off-road (no real mods) and she's coped pretty well at Langdale Quest, Catterick Tank Training Circuit and one Green Laning Day. She only really came to grief at Frickley (which is a horrendous place which I will never darken again :cry: )

There have been one or two other small mishaps too :roll:

My hobbies include reading (usually trashy action stuff), militaria collecting (so far as limited funds allow), appreciation of good beer and, as mentioned above, occasional off road adventures.

My first love has always been my membership of the Army Cadet Force. I joined as a Recruit in 1981 and never had the good sense to leave :lol:. I currently hold the exalted rank of Lieutenant (parchment from Her Majesty telling me what a good chap I am, etc.) and command a Corps of Drums unit of around 30 cadets and adult volunteers at Thornbury near Bradford. I guess this gives me some little experience of volunteer organisations which may be of use here. I hope to be of help wherever I can. The pink hat is not generally accepted as official uniform :o

I recently moved in with my GF Becky who is also a keen supporter of HY4x4R.

Well that's me. I hope to help out wherever I can as I truly believe that we are forming a very worthwhile resource here.

“Political correctness is simply a speed bump in the traffic of truth, free thought and speech.”
Old 10-11-2008
Website User
Forum Handle: Jamie_Hewison

Default Re: Greetings from God's Own County

Welcome to the forum!
Old 20-11-2008
Responder
Forum Handle: dazza
Yorkshire & Lincolnshire 4x4 Response

National Callsign: yl-44
Amateur Radio Callsign: 2E0DMS

hey up john, with a hat like that you wonder why it's christened the barbie mobile?
Old 21-11-2008
Responder
Forum Handle: JASON PEGG
Not currently a responder

welcome , i think the idea is to keep the water on the outside of the motor !!!

jason